EnCirca Announces a free webinar series for the .BANK top-level-domain. Copy of press release below.
BOSTON, March 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — The .BANK-Accredited Registrar EnCirca announces a webinar for the .BANK top-level domain extension will be held on March 25 at 2pm ET. The webinar is free for all bankers interested in learning more about the new .BANK top-level-domain extension. Additional webinars are schedule in April and May. To view the full webinar schedule and pre-register, bankers can visit www.encirca.com/bank.
The webinars will be presented by subject-matter-experts on .BANK and trademark protection, including:
- Thomas Barrett – President of EnCirca, the first .BANK accredited ICANN Registrar and the only Registrar serving on the .BANK Security Standards Working Group
- Craig Schwartz – Managing Director of the fTLD Registry, operator of the .BANK registry
- John McElwaine – Partner in the law firm of Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough, focusing his practice on Trademark and Domain Name matters.
The .BANK Webinar will include the following topics:
- The benefits of .BANK domains
- Eligibility for .BANK domains
- Name selection criteria for .BANK
- How the .BANK verification process works
- The launch phases for .BANK
- How to participate in the TMCH Sunrise Period for trademark owners
- The pricing for .BANK
- How to best position banks to get their desired name(s)
The launch timeline for the .BANK domain extension consists of two main phases.
- Sunrise Period: May 17 – June 17, 2015
Eligibility is limited to banks that have registered their trademark with the Trademark Clearinghouse.
Note: Banks must have already registered their trademark with a national trademark office in order to participate in the Trademark Clearinghouse.
- General Availability: Starting June 23, 2015
First-come, first-served registrations begin for all eligible banks.
Note: This is the first opportunity for most banks to register for a .BANK domain.
Banks who are unable to attend the webinar and would like to start the pre-screening process today, may visit www.encirca.com/bank. Banks anywhere in the world are eligible to apply.
Inquiries may be directed to email@example.com or by calling: +1.781.942.9975