The Sunrise phase of the ‘شبكة.’ launch program commenced on 31 October 2013.
Here is how the registry is positioning the .’شبكة brand:
- .’شبكة will be the catalyst for change for Arabic Internet users allowing for a truly international Internet experience.
- Domain name owners will be getting more than just the utility of a web address; they are signing up for a cause, and becoming part of the movement to empower the Arabic language on the Internet.
ICANN is expected to publish the mandatory Start-up Plan for each TLD, but appears not to be ready yet. So here it is:
The path to General Availability is:
- TMCH Sunrise 60 days duration. Start Date: 31 Oct 2013 00:00 End Date: 29 Dec 2013 23:59
- Landrush 30 days duration. Start Date: 2 Jan 2014 00:00 End Date: 31 Jan 2014 23:59
(allocations by auction)
- General Availability: Start Date: 4 Feb 2014 00:00
- Trademark Claims: Start Date: 2 Jan 2014 00:00 End Date: 4 Apr 2014 23:59
EnCirca will soon be publishing more information for trademark owners who want to participate. Contact EnCirca Support for details.
For more information about this milestone, see our post at CircleID: Shabaka announces Sunrise Period