EnCirca is proud to announce that it has been approved as the first ICANN-Accredited Registrar for the .Bank Registry.
According to the Registry, .Bank “…will offer a protected, trusted, more secure and easily identifiable space on the Internet for members of the global financial services community and the consumers they serve.”
EnCirca has been closely involved in .Bank as a member of the community-based Security Standards Working Group. These standards were developed for financial-related domain extensions and are intended to mitigate malicious activities including, cybersquatting, typosquatting and phishing in the financial services system. See the latest approved standards here
Eligibility for .Bank domain names is restricted to the following:
- State, regional and provincial banks that are chartered and supervised by a government regulatory authority;
- Savings associations that are charted and supervised by a government regulatory authority;
- National banks that are chartered and supervised by a government regulatory authority;
- Associations whose members are primarily comprised of entities identified above;
- Groups of associations whose members are primarily comprised of associations identified above;
- Service providers that are principally owned by or predominantly supporting regulated entities identified above (if approved by the Registry Operator Board); and
- Government regulators of chartered and supervised banks or savings associations or organizations whose members are primarily comprised of such government regulators (if approved by the Registry Operator Board)
The .Bank registry is planning to commence a Sunrise Period for the Trademark Clearinghouse on May 18, 2015. After a brief Founder’s Program, General Availability is scheduled to follow on June 24, 2015.